- Tuesday, 31 July 2012
Well. What can I say! It's sensational. Fabulous. Delicious! This fantastic recipe is courtesy of one of our readers - Sar
ah-Jayne Windridge-France. And by using the yoghurt pots as a measuring pot means less washing up!
Strawberry Yoghurt Cake
1 carton Yoghurt (Muller Light Vanilla or Strawberry is my absolute favourite)
THEN USE THE YOGHURT CARTON TO MEASURE OUT THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS
1 carton organic Sunflower Oil
2 cartons organic soft Brown Sugar
3 cartons Self Raising Flour
3 x eggs
1 tbsp boiling water
Double cream (300ml)
- Mix all the ingredients up in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is well mixed and light and airy.
- Grease a loose-bottomed cake tin (15cm) and line the bottom with parchment.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes in the centre of the oven at 180 degrees centigrade.
- The cake is ready when the sponge rises back when touched and golden brown in colour.
- Once the cake has cooled, slice in half, or slice twice (into 3 layers) – depending on how well the cake has risen,
- With a palette knife spread the strawberry jam on the top of the bottom layer of the cake and place the second layer on top.
- Then spread strawberry jam on the surface of the next layer and under layer of the top layer or cake.
- Wash the strawberries and drain/dry then top each strawberry and slice lengthways into 3 or 4. Cover the bottom of the cake, covered in strawberry jam, with these slices, until thoroughly covered.
- Top the strawberries with whipped cream evenly and replace the top on the cake.
- Dust all over the top with icing sugar.
- Put in the fridge to chill and keep fresh.
ENJOY! (Consume within 3 days – if it ever lasts that long!)!